Compassion Fatigue workshop - 6th November, Cork
The ICSH is again offering training on Compassion Fatigue to members, following two very successful workshops in 2017. The next workshop will take place in Cork on 6th November in the Rochestown Park Hotel.
This training is aimed at front line staff in housing and support services. It aims to expose learners to best practice and evidence-based interventions to increase awareness on burnout and self-care and manage stress more effectively. Learners will personally reflect on academic research on these topics to increase their understanding of their own well-being and how to care safely when helping those who are suffering in some way. It will also provide learners with strategies to improve and promote positive mental and physical health for themselves and places of work as well as equipping participants with greater means to create and build more resilient teams in the caring sector.
On completion of the training, learners will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the concepts and approaches of compassion fatigue, burnout and self-care.
- Apply self-care interventions in the learners’ own lives.
- Create a toolbox of personal and professional self-care strategies.
- Identify their own strengths and areas for growth in relation to boundaries and resilience.
- Contrast competing ways of understanding different styles of burnout and the reasons for them.
- Recognise signs of burnout in themselves and others and be aware of prevention as well as approaches to deal with it.
- Integrate the practices of Compassion Satisfaction vs Compassion Fatigue into the learner’s lives.
- Understand the difference between terms such as sympathy, empathy, pity and empowerment.
The training will be delivered by Jennifer Reidy, a leading trainer, researcher and educator in the area of compassion fatigue as well as a social care practitioner and founder of Compassion Fatigue Ireland (www.compassionfatigueireland.com).
The training day costs €120 per person, including workshop materials, refreshments and lunch. Places are limited to 15 on each workshop so please contact Catherine McGillycuddy on 01 6618334 or email@example.com to book your place.