ICSH Community Housing Award 2017 - Winners
The ICSH Community Housing Awards, sponsored by Allianz, is a biennial competition that celebrates trailblazing excellence within the social housing sector, showcasing housing quality, innovation and partnership. The awards serve to demonstrate that good housing is the cornerstone to building diverse, sustainable and inclusive communities. Our awards showcase the best in housing for older people, homeless projects, housing for people with disabilities, housing for families, regeneration, collaboration initiatives, community integration and housing management.
Speaking at the 2017 Community Housing Awards, Dr Donal McManus, Chief Executive of the ICSH said: “The ICSH would like to salute this year’s winners as champions in the social housing sector, exemplifying the dedication and resilience of those working to provide affordable homes in Ireland.'
The category winners were:
- (Overall Winner) Regeneration: Fold Ireland, Ballygall Road East, Glasnevin, Dublin 11
- Housing for Families: Túath Housing, Thornwood, Beaumount, Dublin 9
- Housing for People with Disabilities: Tinteán Housing, Tinteán Willow, Carlow
- Housing for Older People (Two Winners): St Vincent de Paul, St Micheal's Housing Scheme, Foxford, Mayo (Small Project Winner) and Respond! Housing John’s College, Waterford (Large project Winner)
- Community Integration in Housing: Clúid Housing Association, Syrian Refugee Resettlement, Portlaoise
- Collaboration Initiatives: The Iveagh Trust, Annamore Court, Ballyfermot, Dublin 10
- Homeless Projects (Two Winners): Dublin Simon, 33/36 Sean McDermott Street, Dublin 1 and Focus Ireland, Greenmount Close, Harold's Cross, Dublin 6W
- Most Creative Supply Response: Waterford County Council, Ormonde Square
- Special Recognition Award: St Vincent de Paul, Upperchurch, Thurles, Tipperary