ICSH Finance & Development Conference, 25-26 October 2018
The ICSH Finance & Development Conference, supported by Gas Networks Ireland will take place on the 25th & 26th October 2018 at the Lyrath Conference Centre, Kilkenny.
The Finance Conference has this year extended to include Development as we reflect on the shifting landscape within the social housing sector and the strong connections linking financial capacity with development. The 2018 Finance and Development Conference reflects the need to drive forward the delivery of social housing to the scale and extent that will provide homes under the objectives of Rebuilding Ireland.
The objective of this conference is to challenge our current policies and debate solutions to develop our thinking in critical areas of affordability, cost, scale, and innovation. Alongside a keynote address by Eoghan Murphy, Minister for Housing, Planning and Local Government, speakers from Ireland and abroad will provide insights from their own experiences and delegates will have the opportunity to deliberate on possible solutions for the Irish housing system.
Conference Themes to Include...
- Classification and impacts on financing
- The financial environment for delivery of social housing
- Modelling for mixed tenure
- Asset management & financial commitments
- Joint ventures in housing delivery – private and public
- The AHB sector financial and delivery vehicles
- Social indicators for financing social housing
- Financing developments for special needs
- Scaling up for regeneration, stock transfer and management
- Use of Building Information Modelling (BIM) can it deliver the efficient process?
- European modular housing for increased scale & delivery time
- Sustainability of housing associations, collaboration and mergers
Conference Speakers to Include...
- John Bryant, Policy Leader, the National Housing Federation
- Seamus Coffey, Department of Economics in University College Cork
- Sean O’Connor, CEO Túath Housing
- Bjorn Mallants, VVH - Vereniging van Vlaamse (the umbrella organisation of Flemish social housing companies)
- Susanna Lyons, Head of Regulation, Housing Agency
- Cathal Callan, Director of Finance and Corporate Services, Clúid Housing
- Marten Lilja, Riksbyggen (a Swedish housing company owned by building unions, housing association and other national co-operative association)
Conference programme including full list of speakers to follow.
The Conference fee per delegate is as follows:
ICSH Member Organisations - €255
Statutory / Private Organisations - €270
SPECIAL OFFER: book three places and get the third half price
The conference fee includes documentation, lunches and conference dinner. Overnight accommodation or travel costs are not included. To book a place at the conference email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +353 1 6618334. You can also complete your booking online here.
Delegate Accommodation Rates
- The Lyrath Hotel is offering a delegate rate of €115.00 B&B single occupancy and €125.00 B&B twin/double occupancy. Bookable via the hotel directly tel: +353 56 7760088.
The Springhill Court Hotel is offering a delegate rate of €75.00 B&B single occupancy and €85.00 B&B twin/double occupancy. Bookable via the hotel directly tel: +353 56 7721122.