General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Training Seminar for the AHB Sector Tuesday, 10th April 2018
Due to popular demand, we are running a second training seminar on the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for staff and volunteers of housing associations. This is a tailored seminar for the AHB sector.
As you are aware by now, this Regulation will come into force on the 25th May 2018, replacing the existing data protection framework under the EU Data Protection Directive. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) increases the obligations and responsibilities for organisations and businesses in how they collect, use and protect personal data. At the centre of the new law, is the requirement for organisations and businesses to be fully transparent about how they are using and safeguarding personal data, and to be able to demonstrate accountability for their data processing activities. This will give EU residents more control over their personal data. On the whole, the rights individuals will enjoy under the GDPR are the same as those under the current Acts, but with some enhancements.
The Regulation applies to all organisations (private, state and voluntary), including housing associations, in the EU/EEA and also organisations that are outside of the EU, that collect, share and use the personal data of EU residents e.g. tenant personal data.
Details on this tailored training seminar for the sector are as follows:
- Date: Tuesday, 10th April 2018
- Time: Approx: 10am – 3pm (TBC)
- Location: Ashling Hotel, Parkgate Street, Dublin 8 (Google Map)
- Seminar Fee: €100* (includes lunch and refreshments)
- Seminar Programme: The programme will be circulated closer to the date.
- How to Register: Fill in your details at this link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PFDN86Q or contact email@example.com. If you have any particular concerns in relation to data protection please let us know in the registration form.
*Due to high demand for this seminar, we would appreciate as much notice as possible of cancellation so that others may be accommodated. Otherwise it may be necessary to charge the seminar fee for non-attendance. Attendees will be invoiced for the fee amount or payment of the full amount may be made on the day by cheque only.
For further information, please contact Keelin McCarthy, Development Officer (Housing Management) on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01 6618334.