Housing Associations Responding to Covid-19
Our member housing associations have a long history of providing housing for people who need accommodation with some element of support. Joe Quinn and Betty O'Leary live in supported housing in Avenue Grove Bandon, provided by our housing association member Bandon Geriatric and Community Council. Listen to Joe and Betty talk about cocooning during the COVID-19 crisis.
The ICSH has been contacting all members to offer support and to check in on how AHBs are dealing with the current situation. The response by the sector has been nothing short of incredible with our members supporting tenants and communities through:
- Setting up community helplines
- Texting tenants daily to ensure they are well and supported
- Delivering meals and food baskets to vulnerable tenants’ doors
- Liaising with Community Gardaí to identify vulnerable members of the community who may need support
- Supporting tenants who are self-isolating
- And much more
The ICSH is committed to supporting our members through this crisis as much as possible. We are a resilient sector that has already responded quickly and effectively to support tenants and communities. With that same spirit, we will come through this crisis.
Our website will be updated regularly with the latest official advice and guidance, as well as highlighting the incredible work being done by ICSH members at this time of unprecedented challenge. Click here for the latest latest official advice and guidance,