ICSH Community Housing Awards 2017 - Application Closing Date 22nd May 2017
ICSH Community Housing Awards 2017
The ICSH Community Housing Awards is a biennial competition that celebrates trailblazing excellence within the social housing sector, showcasing housing quality, innovation and partnership. The awards serve to demonstrate that good housing is the cornerstone to building diverse, sustainable and inclusive communities. Ten years have passed since the inaugural awards in 2007 and our seventh biennial awards are geared to be the most ambitious yet. Against the backdrop of the Government’s action plan on housing and homelessness, Rebuilding Ireland, the 2017 awards will reflect a sector that has developed greater capacity and professionalism in delivering and managing housing and has ramped-up delivery during challenging times. As usual, the awards are open to housing associations, housing co-operatives and local authorities and entries will reflect the diversity of social housing schemes within the sector in urban and rural settings across Ireland.
The ICSH see the Community Housing Awards as an opportunity to foster deeper engagement with stakeholders, and we’re contacting you now so you can submit your intention to apply in the Community Housing Awards 2017 and begin preparations for your entry submission. The ICSH Biennial Community Housing Awards will be held on 27th-28th September 2017. Please see the attached document for further information on the ICSH Community Housing Awards 2017.
The categories for the 2017 Community Housing Award are as follows:
- Housing for Older People
- Homeless Projects
- Housing for People with Disabilities
- Housing for Families
- Most Creative Housing Supply Response (e.g. finance, vacant properties)
- Collaboration and partnership Initiatives for delivery
- Community Integration in Housing
- Housing Management models to improve performance
- The Awards are open to all housing associations, housing co-operatives and local authorities.
- Entries should relate to projects built, leased or acquired between January 2015 and May 2017.
- Exception is given to the stated project delivery timeframe where a project is entered under the Housing Management Initiative or Community Integration categories where no prescribed timeframe for delivery applies.
- Accommodation schemes entered should be fully completed and/or refurbished at the time of making award entry submission.
- Accommodation schemes entered should have tenants in residence at least one month prior to award entry submission.
- Organisations may enter up to two projects in two of the nine categories (one project per category).
- Submissions should outline how their entry meets the Award criteria (as outlined below) by providing supporting statements under each. Supporting statements should be in no more than 300 words. Additional statements from a tenant (as applicable) are considered useful.
Please see the attached document for a detailed description of the awards categories, awarding criteria and the entry process.
The entry process steps and timeframe are set out below:
- Initial intention to apply (to include the proposed development, category, location and so on) must be submitted to email@example.com by 5pm, 12th April 2017. You can download the intention to apply application form here.
- All Intention to Apply respondents will be forwarded a Full Application Submission form to be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org by 22th May 2017 (please note, this date has recently been extended).
- Site visits will be carried-out by ICSH Development staff during April, May & June 2017 for initial assessment and to shortlist entries. These will be tied in with the Regional Meetings.
- Shortlisted entries will be assessed by our panel of judges in August 2017.
- Award winners will be announced at the ICSH Biennial National Social Housing Conference on 27th-28th September 2017.
Wednesday, 10 May, 2017