Alone Recruitment : Senior Housing Development Officer
To deliver a range of personalised services, encourage engagement in communities and champion improved social policies for older people.
As part of the Housing team, you will deliver on our ambitious goal in expanding our housing portfolio through property acquisition/development of housing units nationally. Working with the Head of Housing you will lead the search, negotiation, funding, due diligence, procurement, design, on site and handover processes, legal, partnerships and stakeholder management from inception to completion.
We have a housing stock of 116 units and we aim to grow to over 600 units. The aim is to generate a supply of new units (acquisitions, turnkey, new builds and refurbishments), support the delivery of the current pipeline and manage a portfolio of projects and relationships with key developers, AHB’s, Local Authorities and HSE across the country. ALONE report ‘Housing Choices for Older People, Time for Action’ 2018 sets out the need for choice in housing options for older people no matter where they live.
ALONE is a national organisation that supports older people to age at home. We work with people over the age of 60 to provide and coordinate access to any services they need. ALONE creates unique solutions for each older person working in partnership with all services, friends and family, giving them options for the type of support that’s best for them, regardless of their situation. Supported by volunteers, we offer a range of services including: Befriending, Housing with Support, Support Coordination, Technology, and Campaigns for Change. ALONE Housing with Support provides homes to older people who require a level of support. ALONE is an equal opportunity employer.
- Assess the housing needs of the older population in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Source new property and sites opportunities and develop a pipeline of delivery of housing development.
- Complete feasibility reports and appraisals, develop the brief for developments ensuring compliance.
- Project manage acquisition and development processes and handover process to the Housing Manager.
- Manage funding applications to donors, private lenders and other agencies.
- Project Management of construction of new properties and the refurbishment of existing properties.
- Develop partnerships with other organisations to ensure collaboration and partnership in delivery.
- Ensure that projects are achieved to schedule, budgets, quality standards and Health and Safety.
- Manage and maintain ALONE’s housing development process documentation.
- Work with the Head of Housing and Housing Manger in developing our Asset Management Strategy.
- Take on other ad-hoc duties as required.
Skills and Background
Sector knowledge, analysis, planning, communication, negotiation, team working, integrity and accountability. Background in building / construction management, project management, quantity surveying or engineering. Experience of design and construction, Housing Development and Procurement, Social Housing funding schemes, Property acquisitions and/or construction processes. Housing regulation and compliance requirements. MS Office. Ability to utilise project management software. Innovative and creative approach to housing development and commitment to providing choice for older people.
The position is located at our office in Dublin 8 with travel across Ireland. The salary range is €40,000 to €50,000 with 22 days annual leave and pension scheme. Role will require use of car for business purposes and Garda Vetting. Please send your CV and cover letter to us at email@example.com. The position remains open until filled. Please see the full job description on careers page on our website at www.alone.ie.