Clúid Housing Policy Manager
Policy Manager with Clúid Housing
Clúid is now the largest housing association, with the most ambitious programme for increasing affordable housing across Ireland. We provide quality housing and services to enable people to create homes and thriving communities.
Clúid Housing is now recruiting for a Policy Manager to lead on Clúid’s policy development and policy awareness.
Detailed Job Description:
Clúid is now the largest housing association, with the most ambitious programme for increasing affordable housing across Ireland. We provide quality housing and services to enable people to create homes and thriving communities. Clúid Housing is now recruiting for a Policy Manager to lead on Clúid’s policy development and policy awareness.
Detailed Job Description:
Role: Policy Manager
Location: Sheriff Street Dublin 1
Job Title: Policy Manager
Reporting to: Chief Executive
Salary: €57,052 – €71,722
Probation: 6 month
Hours : 35 hours
Leave: 22 days (+ 3 designated days Christmas week)
Clúid Housing is an equal opportunities employer and proud to be have been recognised as a top employer in Ireland.
At Clúid Housing we firmly believe that our success is down to our dedicated and growing staff body working in every corner of Ireland.
Our company is made up of talented people who bring enthusiasm, confidence, expertise, professionalism and respect to our business.
You can meet some of our team by clicking here.
Our staff consistently work towards achieving our vision of creating a society where everyone has a great place to live.
Our employees benefit from a great working environment, great learning opportunities, a supportive management team and an extensive benefits package:
- Competitive Remuneration
- Excellent & Continuous Training
- Development Opportunities
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Excellent Employee Benefits
If the above appeals to you, then keep reading.....and remember Clúid Housing is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Role: Policy Manager
Role Overview: The Policy Manager will lead on Clúid’s policy development and policy awareness. The policy manager will work with the Board and Executive to develop, formulate & communicate Clúid’s policy. The Policy Manager will carry out and commission research and analysis to inform business strategy.
- Developing cogent policy positions on areas of interest to Clúid Housing
- Consulting collaboratively with the Board and Executive Team in developing policy
- Working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to develop agreed policy positions
- Leading/coordinating working groups to delivery agreed policy statements
Interpreting new policy and legislation
- Interpreting and making accessible new legislation and policy as required
- Highlighting the relevance of new policy for Clúid Housing
Understanding of policy
- Providing board and staff with clear and succinct briefings on new policy/regulation
- Giving staff an understanding of how new policy and regulation impacts upon operations
- Developing an understanding and awareness of policy throughout Clúid Housing, at all levels including board
Responses and consultation
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders on responses to consultations and new initiatives
- Coordinating and drafting responses to consultation and new initiatives
- Drafting and submitting contributions to emerging legislation
- Undertaking, managing and delivering research on issues relevant to Clúid Housing
- Coordinating the delivery of the annual Adrian Norridge Research Bursary
- Establishing and convening advisory and working groups on policy and research
- Commissioning research on identified areas of interest to Clúid Housing
- Maximising the impact of commissioned research in meeting organisational goals
- Enhancing/promoting awareness of research skills, methods and practice amongst senior managers and relevant staff across Clúid Housing
- Ensuring that Clúid Housing is aware of policy shifts within our immediate operating environment
- Cultivating an understanding within Clúid Housing of the wider property environment particularly as it impacts upon the operation of Clúid Housing
- Alerting the business to potential new areas of opportunity & threat to Clúid Housing
- Preparing briefings and testing scenarios to assist the organisation to plan for the long-term
Networking & collaborating
- Building a strong network throughout the property environment to promote Clúid’s policies
- Collaborating with a wide variety of stakeholders to promote and develop the policy positions of Clúid Housing
- Promoting debate about a range of relevant housing policy issues by commissioning and speaking at conferences and events
- Assisting, with communications, in the production of promotional material which supports Clúid’s policy agenda
- Ensuring, with communications, the consistent representation of Clúid policy throughout the organisation
- Assisting and contributing, alongside communications, to the development and promotion of desired policy outcomes for Clúid Housing
- Ensure all activity is aligned to Clúid’s values and contributes to the mission of supporting the development of thriving communities
- Adhere to all Clúid policies and procedures at all times
- To exercise discretion at all times
- To fulfil all care and high standards regarding both Clúid’s and your own health and safety obligations
- Adopt an approach of continuous learning and personal development
- To positively promote the Association in all activities
- Any other duties which are consistent with your role
Key competencies required in the role
- Rigorous thinker
- Completer finisher
- Embodying a ‘passion for’ and ‘belief in’ non-profit housing and efficacy of robust policy deliver desirable social objectives
Education / Qualifications
- Relevant Masters Degree
Knowledge / Skills
- Strong analytic skills
- Proven ability to interpret and make accessible complex ideas and data
- Evidenced ability to write clear and concise reports and policy documents for a variety of audiences
- Familiarity with major Irish housing policy research reports and key policy initiatives
- Knowledge and understanding of non-profit housing models in Ireland and across Europe
- Knowledge of governmental policy making processes in relation at least three of the following: (social housing, social policy, homelessness, economic policy, planning, real estate, property development)
- Ability to seek creative solutions
- Awareness of principles of good governance in non-profit and commercial sectors
- Experience of undertaking quantitative and qualitative research to a high standard
- Experience of giving cogent and engaging oral presentations
- Proven ability to network & collaborate with diverse stakeholders and build effective partnerships and alliances
- Experience of developing coherent and realistic policy positions
- Experience of interpreting new legislation / policy / regulation
- Experience of commissioning and managing research
The closing date for applications to be returned for this role is Wednesday the 22nd May 2019 at noon.
It is anticipated that Interviews for the position will be held on Tuesday the 4th June 2019.