HAIL (Housing Association for Integrated Living) - Head of Housing and Property
Head of Housing and Property
Job Description – Head of Housing and Property
Central Hotel Chambers, Dame Court, Dublin 2.
Working as part of the Senior Management Team responsible for the Housing and Property functions within HAIL
€60,791 to €75,919
This post is a permanent full-time post.
35 hours per week - 9.00 – 5.00 Monday to Friday.
HAIL is an Approved Housing Body with over 380 properties in the Greater Dublin area
HAIL’s mission is to provide housing and individually tailored support services to support tenants and clients, primarily those with mental health difficulties, to integrate and live independent lives in the community.
HAIL’s vision is to be the provider of choice for housing and support for people with mental health difficulties, enabling them to achieve and sustain independent living in the community by having secure, quality, affordable accommodation with appropriate support services tailored to their needs.
Job Purpose Summary
The Head of Housing and Property will be responsible for the management of HAIL’s tenancies and the maintenance of HAIL’s stock, including day to day repairs, cyclical maintenance, planned maintenance and the property functions in relation to the development programme. Reporting to the CEO, the Head of Housing and Property will form part of HAIL’s Senior Management Team. They will be responsible for keeping the Management Team up to date on all housing and property related matters.
Key Role and responsibilities
· Leading on the Housing function within the organisation
· Effect management of the performance of the housing service for example voids, allocations, rent arrears, ASB cases
· Management and development of the housing staff; Housing Officers and Maintenance Operative
· Identifying and promoting opportunities to engage with tenants to improve the quality of services delivered
· Ensuring services are relevant and sensitive to the needs of tenants/clients
· Overall responsibility and performance management of contractors delivering the day to day maintenance service and servicing contracts
· Ensuring compliance with legal requirements, including staying informed on all relevant legislation and drafting policy which enables compliance with new legislation and policy
· Managing the maintenance requirements of the growth and development programme
· Managing the housing and technical/property requirements for new acquisitions, working with the Head of Finance and CEO
2.2 Asset Management
· Drafting the Asset Management Strategy and leading on the implementation of this Strategy
· Managing a continuing programme of stock condition surveys and maintenance of a stock database
· Working with the Head of Finance to produce long term investment programmes
· Management of the planned and cyclical maintenance programme
· Drafting specifications, tendering procuring and managing contracts to deliver on the maintenance programme
3. Organisational and Managerial
· Contribute to the business planning and strategic planning process
· Actively contribute at senior management level in developing and delivering organisational strategy and assisting HAIL deliver on the aims and objectives of the organisation
· Oversee the resourcing and people management with the Housing section
· Performance management and leading on improvement planning in areas of responsibility, ensuring delivery of targets for all operational activity
· Leading on the drafting of polices and procedures
· Reports to the Board and its Committees
· Attendance at Sector meetings, representing HAIL, as appropriate
· Responsible for Health & Safety in areas of responsibility
· Leading on and co-ordinating the procurement function within the organisation
· Budget management/budget setting
· Ensuring value for money in the housing and maintenance service
Key requirements for the position of Head of Housing and Property are:
Technical Skills / Knowledge
· Relevant experience and proven track record of working in the housing/property environment (ideally minimum of 5 years)
· Demonstrable knowledge of maintenance service and asset management
· Strong awareness of the regulatory environment in which HAIL operates
· Proven experience of developing policy and procedures
· Previous relevant service delivery experience
· Proven experience of delivering projects on time and within budget
· Knowledge of tenancy management and dealing with tenancy issues
People and Stakeholders Skills / Knowledge
· People Management experience – leading, motivating and developing staff
· Demonstrable experience of managing relationships with a diverse stakeholder including contractors, AHB partners, tenants and staff
· A successful track record in building and nurturing stakeholders, key relationships and partnerships with a wide range of diverse collaborators with Government, and AHBs
Operational Skills / Knowledge
· Demonstrable knowledge of procurement regulations
· Knowledge of the not-for-profit sector
· Excellent planning and organisational skills
· Experience of managing projects
· Proven experience of report writing, including a high level of numeracy
· Relevant third level or professional qualification
The salary will be commensurate with the experience of the individual appointed and in line with the Organisations salary scale.
· Flexible working hours
· 29 annual leave days plus 3 Company days
· Company Pension Scheme with current contributions rates of 5% employer contribution and 5% employee contribution
· Death in Service Benefit
· Health insurance for serious illness
Please send a cover letter and a detailed CV, referencing HAIL:HHP2020 , outlining your experience skills and suitability for the position for the attention of Martina Smith, CEO at email@example.com .
For queries relating to the role please contact Martina Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01 6718444 in confidence – Closing date for receipt of applications is 5pm, Friday 31st January 2020.
HAIL is an Equal Opportunities Employer