Head of Older Persons Housing Services - Clúid Housing
Head of Older Persons Housing Services
Location of Employment: 159-161 Sheriff Street Upper, Dublin 1
Reporting to: Director of Housing Services
Responsible for: Clann Housing Services Team
Salary: €74,521 - €93,684
Hours: 35 hours worked over 5 days
Probation: 6 months
Pension: Available on completion of probation
Leave: 22 days (+ 3 days office closure at Christmas)
Travel: Mileage Allowance Operates
Clúid Housing is an equal opportunities employer and proud to be have been recognised as a top employer in Ireland.
At Clúid Housing we firmly believe that our success is down to our dedicated and growing staff body working in every corner of Ireland.
Our company is made up of talented people who bring enthusiasm, confidence, expertise, professionalism and respect to our business.
Our staff consistently work towards achieving our vision of creating a society where everyone has a great place to live.
Our employees benefit from a great working environment, great learning opportunities, a supportive management team and an extensive benefits package:
Excellent & Continuous Training
Flexible Working Arrangements
Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
Excellent Employee Benefits
If the above appeals to you, then keep reading.....and remember Clúid Housing is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Role: Head of Older Persons Housing Services (Head of Clann)
You will be a senior leader and ensure that Clann provides existing and potential customers with excellent services. You will be responsible for the daily operations, establishment and continued development of Clann. You will take a lead role in the development of and being accountable for the delivery of Clann’s strategic and business plans.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Establish the identity for the service, developing Clann as the market leader in specialist older persons housing
- Develop and maintain a range of national stakeholder relationships, establishing shared goals in pursuing tangible delivery of service improvement and growth
- Identify key policy areas important for a sustainable specialist Older Persons Housing Service and actively seek improvement through lobbying and other methods as appropriate.
- Participation in national fora, both statutory and not for profit, act as spokesperson for Clann, promoting its services and representing its residents and communities
Growth and Development
- Develop and review new business opportunities and partnership arrangements within both the social/community and private sectors in conjunction with the New Business Supply team.
- Work with the New Business team to carry out new development/business assessments. Ensure that all proposed housing projects are socially, physically and financially sustainable, in compliance with all internal and external statutory requirements, and in line with all processes and procedures of the New Business Department.
- Support New Business in the delivery of new Clann schemes, as required.
- Develop a customer focused approach to service improvement
- Lead and manage projects to deliver the launch, development, continual improvement of Clann, and annual work plans to support the organisations strategy and business plans
- Participate in organisation wide initiatives to foster strong cross departmental working and a joined up approach to service delivery and change projects
- Develop business proposals to enable decision making on new areas of work
- Support staff through change, fostering a strong sense of organisational working and a joined up approach to change projects
- Contribute, and lead when required, to the development and implementation of corporate policies, procedures and strategies
Planning and Organisation
- Ensure that Clann delivers high quality services that enable customers to sustain tenancies and live active independent, fulfilling lives as they age and contribute to their communities in line with Clann’s vision and mission
- Define service offering and align resources, tools and aids to support staff in achieving this
- Oversee the daily operations of core services – tenancy management; voids and allocations; estate and facilities management; community services; income management; well-being and safeguarding
- Working within housing services and with other departments and colleagues to initiate appropriate actions to ensure that high service standards are achieved and challenges overcome
- Be a strong advocate and role model for the use of IT to improve service and efficiency for staff and customers.
- Sitting as a board member on Management Companies to represent the needs of Clann.
Financing and Budgeting
- Run a sustainable social business with a strong emphasis on value for money
- Target resources most effectively to achieve operational and strategic goals
- Source external funding opportunities to enhance and develop the service offering
- Set objectives and deliver high levels of performance with regard to relevant services and regulatory KPI’s
- Use appropriate data and information to set goals manage individual and team performance
- Understand and continually develop data and reporting requirements that both enhance and improve our service delivery and fulfil our regulatory requirements
- Manage, organise, critically analyse and report on data using relevant tools. Use data to understand and improve performance and report to the business including Executive Managers and the Board to facilitate strategic decisions
- Recruitment & Induction –Ensure the best candidate/s are recruited for any vacancy in the HR team, to develop a thorough induction plan and actively manage the probation process
- Engagement – Manage staff and team engagement activities.
- Managing & Supporting Performance – Provide team members with support and guidance to enhance their performance.
- Learning & Development – Create annual individual employee development and team plans.
- Recognition & Reward – Collaborate with HR to ensure Clúid remain externally competitive and internally equitable for the roles within your remit.
- Safety & Wellbeing – Ensure that your staff work in a safe environment and actively partake in any company wide or team wellbeing activities.
- Systems Thinking – Encourage a systems thinking methodology is considered in all departmental processes and striving for continuous improvement in all you do.
- To promote a culture which is supportive of excellent service delivery and meets Clann vision, mission and values
- Ensure meaningful and flexible resident engagement that enables customers to influence and drive business and service improvement
- Handle complicated customer enquiries or complaints including escalated queries
- Be an active member of the Clúid Housing Services leadership team and national cross departmental management teams. Monitoring performance; developing national and departmental strategy; influencing and delivering on organisational and departmental goals
- Ensure all personal and Clann activity is aligned to our values and contributes to the mission of supporting the development of thriving communities
- Adhere to all Clúid policies and procedures at all times
- To exercise discretion at all times
- To fulfil all care and high standards regarding both Clann/Clúid’s and your own health and safety obligations
- Manage your learning and development in line with your role and personal goals
- To positively promote the Association in all activities
- Any other duties which are consistent with your role
Key competencies required in the role:
- Strategic Development
- People Management and Leadership
- Customer Service
- Data Management
- Change Management
- Financial Acumen
- Community minded
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Creative and ambitious
Education / Qualifications
- Educated to Degree Level
- Professional qualification e.g. CIH, SCSI
- PRSA Licence (Must be willing to work towards)
- Analysis & problem solving
- Relationship building
- Communication and influencing
- Coaching and feedback
- A minimum of five years’ management experience in a customer oriented service environment. Evidence of setting service priorities and aligning resources, tools and aids to support staff in achieving high standards and levels of performance
- Proven record of team management including: motivation, performance improvement, recruitment, conflict resolution, disciplinary & grievance handling etc.
- Proven financial and business acumen
- Proven effective development and implementation of strategic projects to meet business objectives
- Proven record of working in the delivery of services to older people. Demonstrating a good understanding of the regulations, legislation and good practice in this area is a must.
- An understanding of the issues and practices that relate to social housing/property management, void management, tenancy management (inc. RTB), income management and estate/community work
The closing date for applications to be returned for this role is Monday 8th July 2019 at noon.
It is anticipated that first round interviews for the position will be held on Wednesday 17th July 2019.