Housing Officer - East - Clúid Housing
Housing Officer – East
Location of Employment: Dublin, Kildare, Wicklow & Meath
Reporting to: Housing Manager
Responsible: for Caretakers and CE/Tus Placements
Salary: €45,049 – 56,632 per annum
Probation: 6 months
Pension: Available on completion of probation
Hours: 35 Hours per week
Leave: 22 days (+closed 3 designated days Christmas week)
Travel: The post requires a valid driving licence and use of car for business purposes
Clúid Housing is a progressive and dynamic not-for-profit Irish housing association.
Clúid Housing is an equal opportunities employer and proud to be have been recognised as a top employer in Ireland.
At Clúid Housing we firmly believe that our success is down to our dedicated staff working in every corner of Ireland.
Our company is made up of talented people who bring enthusiasm, confidence, expertise, professionalism and respect to our business.
You can meet some of our team by clicking here. Our staff consistently work towards achieving our vision of creating a society where everyone has a great place to live.
Our employees benefit from a great working environment, great learning opportunities, a supportive management team and an extensive benefits package:
- Competitive Remuneration
- Excellent & Continuous Training
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Excellent Employee Benefits
If the above appeals to you, then keep reading.....and remember Clúid Housing is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Housing Services Department
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious applicant to join the Housing Services Team within Clúid Housing. The Housing Services department delivers core front line services in 31 locations around the country including voids and lettings; rent collection and arrears management; tenancy management; estates and facilities services; and community and estate development. The department is also responsible for the Dublin based contact centre team who are the main point of contact for all tenant and business enquiries.
At Clúid Housing we are committed to listening to our customers and we strive to design all our services around their requirements.
Role: Housing Officer
Role Overview: To provide a high quality and customer focused service in tenancy and estate management, continually working to improve services and meet resident needs.
Reporting to: Housing Manager
Responsible for: Caretakers and CE/Tus Placements
- Managing void properties, lettings and allocations effectively
- Carry out pre-void inspection visits on void properties to ensure the property meet Clúid Housing’s void standards
- Interviewing and assessing prospective residents and making allocation decisions
- Co-ordinating the viewings of properties with prospective residents at hand over and casual re-lets stage
- Delivering pre-tenancy programmes, advising prospective tenants on housing options, rights and responsibilities
- Ensuring income returns and changes of circumstances are processed
- Advising tenants with regard to assessments
- Responsible for identifying debt and managing cases of bad debt
- Arrears monitoring and control including prevention, early warning and legal action to maximise income
- Preparing cases, advising solicitors and representing Clúid Housing for RTB/court hearings
- Advise Housing Manager regarding implementation and review of service charges
- Estate/Tenancy Management
- Work to ensure Clúid Housing estates are vibrant and welcoming places to live
- Regularly visit schemes and record inspections and actions
- Work with tenants to ensure responsibilities are upheld and tenancies sustained
- Record any nuisance and take appropriate action
- Addressing cases of Anti-Social Behaviour and other breaches of tenancy
- Record and identify causes of damage to property and ensure it is remedied
- Prepare cases, advise solicitors and represent Clúid Housing at RTB and court hearings
- To maintain accurate current records of all properties, residents and incidents
- Support tenancy sustainment and signpost referrals for support, care, adaptations and partner agencies
- Liaise with Property Services Department regarding property and estate responsive, cyclical and planned maintenance requirements
- Responsible for counter charging tenants where appropriate
Estate Development / Tenant Participation
- Working with residents to maximise tenant participation to ensure community integration and development
- Assisting residents to set up appropriate structures to optimise the involvement of residents in their scheme
- Helping to create links with neighbouring groups to ensure that Clúid Housing schemes assimilate into the wider community
- Providing information on external agencies, whose services may be of benefit to tenants
- Represent Clúid Housing/Communities at appropriate internal and external meetings.
- Develop estate action plans and be creative when working with communities to maintain estates as Great Places to Live
- Sitting as a board member on Management Companies to represent the needs of Clúid Housing
- Work in conjunction with our Contact Centre to ensure the above key responsibilities are delivered in an effective and efficient manner
- Maintain all tenant files and data to ensure they are clear, accurate and complete.
- Contribute and participate in local and national improvement initiatives
- Work to resolve complaints received regarding service delivery and take steps to prevent future complaints.
- Ensure that management are aware of your observations and that they are informed of important issues as they arise
- To contribute to the formulation and review of Housing Services policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain relationships with existing/potential partners and agencies that have a key role in the effective delivery of housing services.
- To keep abreast of key legislative and procedural matters which affect your work as Housing Officer
- Produce reports as required on Housing Services for all schemes in your allocated patch
- Project Development
- Helping to initiate new projects and helping to maintain contacts which are beneficial to the development of projects in the region
- Furthering the work of Clúid Housing in the region, meeting with community groups, setting up and attending meetings to inform and promote developments
- Participate in the appraisal of new development opportunities from a housing services perspective
- Support the New Business and Property Services teams during the defects perio
- Recruitment & Induction – Collaborate with HR to ensure the best candidate/s are recruited , to develop a thorough induction plan and actively manage the probation process
- Engagement – Manage your direct reports’ engagement activities.
- Managing & Supporting Performance – Provide direct reports with support and guidance to enhance their performance.
- Learning & Development – Create annual individual development plans.
- Safety & Wellbeing – Ensure that your direct reports work in a safe environment and actively partake in any company wide or team wellbeing activities.
- Systems Thinking – Encourage a systems thinking methodology in all departmental processes and strive for continuous improvement in all you do.
- To work with your Line Manager to identify your learning and development needs and develop and implement an L&D plan that meets these needs
- Attend training appropriate to your role
- Ensure all activity is aligned to Clúid’s values and contributes to the mission of supporting the development of thriving communities
- Adhere to all Clúid policies and procedures at all times
- To exercise discretion at all times
- To fulfil all care and high standards regarding both Clúid’s and your own health and safety obligations
- Review services within your area and ensure Cluid Housing obtains value for money for these services.
- To positively promote and present a professional image of Clúid Housing in all activities
- Any other duties which are consistent with your role
Key competencies required in the role
- Customer Care
- Relationship Building
- Dealing with difficulty
- Planning and Organisation
- Team Work
- Educated to Degree Level (or equivalent)
- Professional qualification e.g. ICSH/CIH/IAVI
- Full Clean Driving licence
- Property Services Regulatory Authority Licence
- Knowledge of housing law and tenancy agreements
- Knowledge of the technical aspects of void, rent, repairs maintenance
- High level of IT/ Digital proficiency
- Good organisational skills, with ability to be flexible and work on own initiative
- Financial appreciation and budget management skills
- 5 years’ experience of working in a customer focused environment
- Experience of working in a residential property orientated environment
- Experience working with Management Companies & Agents
- Experience of working with a wide range of people who are: vulnerable, homeless, elderly, low income households
- Experience of working with other social landlords, statutory and voluntary agencies
- Proven examples of resolving difficult situations
The closing date for applications to be returned for this role is Friday 28th June 2019 at noon.
It is anticipated that interviews for the position will be held week beginning 8th July 2019.