Income And Rent Co-Ordinator - Túath Housing
Túath Housing Association Limtied
INCOME AND RENT CO-ORDINATOR
Based in Cork City: Permanent Position: 37 hours per week
Salary Scale: (SP18 – SP28 €29,812.97 to €41,187.13)
Túath Housing is the fastest growing housing association in Ireland with 4,500 homes in management. This vacancy is an exciting opportunity to join the Finance Team.
Employees benefit from an attractive benefits package to include: Competitive Remuneration, Generous Training Budget, Flexible Working Hours, City Centre Location, Employer Contributory Pension Scheme, Mileage Allowance & 24 days Annual Leave
As Income and Rent Co-Ordinator this person will report directly to the Senior Rent Co-Ordinator in preparing month end/ad-hoc/ year end reports on aged debtors (tenant) analysis. Based in the Cork office but also dealing with the Galway offices and to include regular travel. This post holder will also build and maintain a customer relationship with tenants in arrears.
Key Roles & Responsibilities: Assisting and leading with, Rent Account Queries, Rent Arrears, Rent Assessments, Quarterly Rent Statements Preparation, Liaising with Galway and Dublin Offices (HQ)
Interviews will take place in Túath Housing Offices at 24 Marlboro Street, Cork, 1st February 2019.
The full job description and specification is available to download from www.tuathhousing.ie
CV’s must be returned by email or post to email@example.com by 5.00 pm on January 25th, 2019
Job Description: Income and Rent Co-Ordinator
- Reporting directly to the Senior Rent Co-Ordinator in preparing month end/ad-hoc/ Year end reports on Aged Debtor (Tenant) Analysis.
- Maintaining unclaimed report database and liaison with the bank to resolve any issues.
- Dealing with the Cork and Galway offices with regular travel to the Galway office and occasionally to the Dublin office. (Training will involve visiting the Dublin office for several days initially)
- Liaising with Local Authorities and Revenue for remits
- Assisting with correspondence efficiently and promptly deal with enquiries and immediately advise Housing Officers of any issue which requires attention.
- Assisting with update and maintenance of the database on all tenant information as and when notified via correspondence.
- Building and maintain customer relationship for all tenants in arrears.
- Assisting with Confidential Income Statement (CIS) processes on an annual basis.
- Issuing statements and letters on an annual basis.
- Working individually and as part of the credit control function to maximise rent collection and control arrears, by phone, letters, emails and on-site visits.
- Issuing tenant rent statements to all tenants every quarter.
- Presenting Rent payment policies and procedures at pre-tenancies.
- Accompanying Housing Officers to visit tenants in severe arrears to discuss payment plan/options.
- Liaising with An Post regarding Household Budget payments, setups and terminations.
- Ad– Hoc reports as requested by Finance Manager.
- Reassess tenants rent using appropriate rent and policies and income details.
- General and reciprocal cover for the other Income & Rent Co-ordinator in the team
- Any other duties as are reasonable for this post
Employee Specification for Income & Rent Co-ordinator (Cork)
- 1-2 years’ experience in a similar environment in housing /residential property
- You have a proven record of reaching targets
- Full Driving licence applicable in the Republic of Ireland
- Aptitude to self-manage and work independently
- Capacity to build rapport and relationships with customers and tenants
- Requirement to be fluent in English
- Able to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous or similar experience in calculating rent assessments desirable
- Excellent communication skills
Túath Housing Association reserves the right to enhance the criteria, in line with the employee specification, to facilitate shortlisting.