THE IVEAGH TRUST: Finance Assistant
The Iveagh Trust, one of Ireland’s leading housing charities, owns and manages circa 1,400 units of accommodation in 6 estates in Dublin City and suburbs. The Trust provides accommodation for the full range of housing needs as well as a large hostel for homeless men and is currently expanding the service it provides in Dublin and beyond. The Trust is now looking to add to the Finance Team and is seeking applications for the post of: Finance Assistant
The applicant should have 2/3 years of accounting experience with a good aptitude for Information Technology. He/She should have the ability to integrate into a dedicated team and assist with the production of reliable financial and management information, annual financial statements and year-end accounts, budgets, analysis and reports.
Key Responsibilities are:
- Assist with annual rent review
- Inputting to Sage Accounts system
- Assist with estate and hostel income reconciliation
- Assist in preparation of statistical returns
- Assist in inputting / checking / reconciliation of data into our housing software system (SDM) including carrying out daily, weekly, monthly and yearly routines.
- Assist in updating tenant and property data ensuring the information recorded is up to date and accurate.
This list is not restrictive/conclusive and will be subject to periodic review and change in light of ongoing/future requirements of post holder.
Person Specification Finance Assistant
- Relevant experience
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organisational skills
- Time management skills
- Excellent computer skills particularly in excel and word
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Accurate and conscientious in approach to work
- Willingness to work outside normal working hours
- Ability to cope under pressure
This person specification is not restrictive/conclusive.
- The position offers the opportunity to contribute to the work of a highly respected charitable housing Trust in a challenging but rewarding environment
- Flexible working arrangements
- Salary will be circa €27,000 depending on experience
- Continuous professional development training provided
- A defined contribution pension scheme is available
- The Iveagh Trust is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Applications to include a cover letter setting out your suitability for the post along with an up to date CV should be sent to:
Closing Date: Friday, 19th May 2017
Replies only to selected interviewees