Túath Housing: Caretaker
Job description: Full -time Resident Caretaker (Based on 37.5 Hours per week)
Responsible to: Housing Services Manager, Dublin
Job summary: To provide an effective liaison between the employer and the tenants, to maintain the premises and to ensure the correct, tenant like use and occupation of the buildings and grounds.
Salary: €21,514-€ 26,949 (Based on 37 .5Hours)
Accommodation on-site included.
Location: Charlemount, Dublin 2
Requirements: Fulltime caretaker required, role will involve residing on-site. Working hours Mon to Thur 9am – 5pm Fri 9am -4.30pm
Duties will be as follows:
- Daily safety checks and site inspections
- Keep all external communal areas and other designated areas clean and free of litter, including the bin sheds.
- Overseeing and give access to contractors carrying out works
- The person appointed will need to keep accurate records, time sheets and paperwork for contractors on site.
- Carrying out minor repairs, i.e. repairing locks, replacing light bulbs, painting, carpentry work etc.
- Clear leaves, moss, snow and ice from communal entrances and apply grit and salt where appropriate as instructed.
- Dealing with contractors in relation to major repairs
- Reporting to office daily on all matters concerning the development
- The individual will also be responsible monitoring the cleaning of all blocks within the developments
- The Resident Caretaker will be responsible for liaising with the Housing Department to ensure all maintenance request reported by residents are forwarded to the Housing Officer.
- Individual must report any breaches of house rules whilst on site, i.e. washing on balconies, satellite dishes etc.
- Attend after hours’ emergencies if required/requested by Housing Services Manager.
- Any other duties as deemed necessary by Housing Services Manager
- The Resident Caretaker may be required to attend courses for training as directed from time to time by the Housing Service Manager
- The Resident Caretaker will be required to adhere to all Tuath Housing Health and Safety policies and undertake basic risk assessments to ensure the health and safety of the team, the tenant and their home.
The ideal candidate should have the following:
- Must have a multi-skill base and previous experience as a handyman (Plumbing, Carpentry and Painting an advantage) with a good all round knowledge of Apartment Blocks preferable
- Must be Fluent in English
- A background in Property Maintenance within a residential development would be an advantage
- Must have experience in dealing with customer’s queries/complaints
- Must be able to work under pressure and to adhere to deadlines
- Must be able to work on own initiative
- Must be flexible in their approach to work
- Must have a good knowledge of computers, Smart phones to operate work system
- Must have a strong work ethic and neat in appearance
If you would like to be considered, please submit your CV and quote the job reference to email@example.com or to our offices at
Túath Association, 33 Leeson Street Lower, Dublin 2.
The closing date for all vacancies listed is 19th September 2017 at 4.30pm